A fire outbreak at the Kantamanto market in Accra on Tuesday night has destroyed goods worth thousands of cedis.
The cause of the fire which affected the second hand goods dealers in the market is immediately not known.
Reports said the fire started around 10 pm.
Fire fighters responded to the distress call and battled the fire in the night.
In similar development, on Tuesday fire gutted some shops in Koforidua destroying goods and properties worth thousands of Ghana cedis.
The fire ravaged at least three shops in the Eastern Regional Capital of the country.
The koforidua fire incident occurred around 10:15 am on Tuesday.
The blaze was reportedly caused by an electrical fault on the main power supply pole of Electricity Company of Ghana which spread to the nearby shops.
Though firefighters arrived late at the scene they managed to extinguish the fire preventing it from spreading to other nearby shops.
The shops consumed by the fire sold electricals, plastics and cloths.
It may be recalled that in the last few months, fires have ravaged certain locations in Ghana, including the pedestrian mall at Circle and the Liberty branch of the GCB in the central business district in Accra.